"How much do I need to care for my e-bike's battery?"
While you don't need to be an expert in electricity to care for your battery, there are some general rules you should follow to keep your bike in tip-top shape.
Gazelle has lined up 8 of the most important rules for maintaining your battery:
1. Read The Manual
We read manuals all the time and trust us, there is some valuable information packed in those tiny booklets.
2. Store Your Battery At Room Temperature
Fluctuating temperatures, from scorching hot and frigid low temps, can affect your battery's overall lifespan and can deplete the charge more quickly.
If you're riding in the winter, store your battery in your basement or a room with consistent temperatures. Then, put your battery in the bike right before you ride, so it's not sitting in cold weather for an extended period.
Also, don't store your bike with the battery in full sun.
3. When Storing, Keep Your Battery Between 30 And 70% Also, Check Your Charging Status Monthly.
4. Always Use The Correct Charger!
5. Remove Your Battery Before Cleaning Your Bike
Make sure you're not exposing parts that connect to electricity to direct water spray. Instead, clean the surrounding areas with a damp cloth.
6. Always Remove the Battery When Transporting Your Bike
7. Do NOT Try To Repair Your Battery Yourself
8. When You Replace Your Battery, Do Your Part And Recycle
If you're still scratching your head or need some additional clarification, please contact your local Gazelle dealer (like us)!