Shop by Price
Foldable & Travel Friendly
Foldable bikes have been around for awhile. These small, compacting bikes allow riders to place their bike in their car, RV, or boat easily. Some feature a regular chain while others may tote a belt drive, like the Pedego Latch. Many of them are still also able to travel at similar speeds of regular electric bikes, although they more likely than not have a lesser mileage due to a smaller battery. With every option, there are positives and negatives.
Pros of Foldable Bikes:
- Security is a non-issue, as you can fold up the bike and take it indoors.
- Another transportation option for those who may not have a car, such as in an RV or boat.
- Those who live in small apartments can store their bike easily.
Cons of Folding Bikes:
- Battery size, range, and top speed can be smaller.
- With those that have front hub motors, the ride can seem squirrely, especially in gravel.
- Frame can be flexible (please look up weight limits)
A folding electric bike is a great option to get around town because of its compact size. When considering a folding bike, it would be wise to consider the amount of time you plan on riding, where you are riding, and how you plan on storing the bike upon arrival. It would also be a good idea to look at the cost of both folding and non-folding electric bikes to see what may be of best value to you for your situation. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call at 800-622-4655.